It's always a comfort to have something soupy and hot to warm the system on a cold and miserable day. Yup, TINOLANG MANOK always comes to mind. Being away from home may seem to be a challenge to find the ingredients for this recipe but fear not my lovely, there's always a substitute for things that are not easy to find. Just like the chilli leaves or malunggay some other places in the uk can get frozen version of these but you can always use rocket leaves if not available. Most of the asian store got green papayas but failing that you can opt for sayote.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- chicken stock ( 2 cubes chicken cubes )
- 1 pc small green papaya, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, cut into strips
- chilli leaves/malunggay/rocket leaves
- Lemon grass
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger
- Put-in the chicken and cook until color turns light brown
- Pour-in the chicken stock and add lemon grass (enough to cover the chicken)
- Add the green papaya wedges and simmer till soft.
- Add the chilli leaves
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Best serve hot with boiled rice