Hello my loves!! I know its been awhile since i last posted on here but important thing is I'm back! :)
I went back home for about 3 weeks in pinas and had the taste of proper home cooking. It then inspired me to do a bit of rambling here and hopefully will help you a little bit in you own kitchen. We all know that this is a very tasty dish that we all love, maybe different ways in cooking it but really, whatever that pleases your tastebuds would surely do. And oh btw, dont forget to put some rice on while following these simple steps.
- 1/4 lb pork, thinly sliced
- 1 large aubergine, sliced
- 1 whole butternut squash, chopped into cubes
- 3 pieces large tomato, sliced
- 1 piece onion, chopped
- 1-3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 8-10 pieces okra
- 1 pack of string beans
- A dash of Knorr seasoning sauce
- Salt or magic sarap if you prefer it ( according to taste )
- 1 cup of water
- 1 medium-sized bitter melon, chopped
- shrimp paste (according to your liking) I know its never complete without this ingredient but when you have a foreign husband you've got to do without, still taste scrumptious anyway :)
- Heat oil in the pan then sauté garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add in pork and cook until color turns light brown then add knorr seasoning sauce.
- Put-in the shrimp paste and cook for 2 minutes. (Optional)
- Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until pork is tender. (Simple trick, whilst waiting for your meat, put your veggies except okra into microwavable dish, cover and microwave them for a good 5 minutes.) veggies are cooked slightly, soft not mushy and not very crunchy either.
- When ready, add all veggies in the pan and add all remaining vegetables and simmer for 5-10 mins, add salt or magic sarap to your desired taste.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
Pictures to follow computers playing up.....