I'm going to do anything for the love of food :) I am always excited to see my girls on my days off, it on means one thing, Yup! Lamon (foodtrip). And this one is well liked. Just some few ingredients and wala! Food good for a king :) Anyway, to those who are new to the foreign country (wherever you are) and wanting to do some filipino cooking, it's always a good start to find the nearest asian shop in the area and you'll find things very similar to what we've got back home or they sometimes carry our very own if you're lucky.
1 cup mung beans
5-6 cups water
400 grams chicken (legs chopped into small pieces or fillet)
1 small pack vermicillè noodles (sotanghon)
1 brown onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced finely
3 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp knorr seasoning sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil 6 cups of water in a pan, add mung beans and continue to boil until mung beans turns soft and mushy. Always check water if you need to add little bit more. Set aside.
- Sautè garlic and onion in another pan, add in the pieces of chicken until light brown.
- Transfer cooked mung beans together with other sauted ingredients and bring to boil for 5 mins and simmer for 20-25 mins under medium heat. At this time you can add salt,pepper and seasoning sauce that you need. Make sure you've got enough water in the pan.
- Lastly, add in vermicelli noodles (sotanghon) and leave it simmering for another for 3-5 mins.
- Job's done! Transfer to a serving bowl, rice ready and enjoy glorious food :)