Since Saba (shorter version plantain) is quite difficult to find here in the UK, I use the longer version Plantain as substitute for when I make my banana-q. I hope my take on this plantain makes sense when I post picture of it.
All You Need:
- 2 Pcs Plantain Banana (ripe)
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Trim both ends of each banana and peel off skin, since we're using plantain, cut it into 3 pcs per banana.
- In a large wok heat cooking oil, put 3 Tbsp sugar, and wait till sugar melted.
- Put in the bananas and stir until all are coated about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar unto bananas if needed. Stir again for another 2 minutes.
- Drain excess oil.
- Serve...Yummy with soda or cola.
My cooking banana