Anyway, It's my first time to experiment on this dimsum recipe and actually it's not as difficult as I thought. It takes about 35 minutes to prepare and 6-8 minutes for the steaming process and it makes 16 dumplings. Well, it looks like siomai and it definitely tastes like siomai so maybe I did something right.
- 200 Grams Minced Pork
- 200 Grams Uncooked, peeled, deveined and chopped Prawns
- 1 Pc Small Carrots, chopped finely
- 1 Pc Large Spring Onion, chopped finely
- 1 pc Ginger about (2-3cm), chopped finely or grated
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- 3 Tsp cornflour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp sugar
- Wonton Wrappers
Mix all ingredients in a bowl (wonton not included)
Cut wrappers in a circular shape, put filling in the middle and gather the wrapper to make ball shape.
Leave the the middle bit unwrapped.
Oil the bottom of the steamer and steam dumplings for about 6-8 mins or until filling is cooked.
Serve with soy sauce as dipping sauce.