All You Need:
- 1 Cup Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1 Can Condensed Milk
- 2 Cups Coconut milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Purple Yam (mashed)
- Yellow food Colouring
- Purple Food Colouring
- Mix flour, condensed milk, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla essence together into smooth batter (except mashed yam and food colouring).
- Divide Into 3 equal parts: Take one part, add purple yam, add a dash of purple(blue & red) food colouring. Mix well. Take second part, add yellow colouring. Mix well. Leave the third part plain.
- Grease baking pan, then pour in purple mixture. Spread evenly.
- Steam for 20-25 minutes or more, until firm. Note: cover the baking pan with cheese cloth before steaming.
- Pour in yellow mixture (2nd layer) on top of the purple mixture. Cover again and steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Lastly, pour in 3rd layer or the plain mixture. Again, steam for 30 minutes or until firm. Note: use toothpick to check if mixture is cooked enough, if toothpick is clear then that's good to go.
- Cool before slicing.