Thursday, 1 March 2012

Chicken Inasal (Chicken Barbeque)

Another day, another meal to prepare...
Today whilst I was at work, for some reason I was drooling over chicken inasal (bacolod style), so, As soon as I got home I prepared all the ingredients to get me sorted with my din-dins.

YOU WILL NEED:
  • 2 Pcs Chicken legs (depending on how many pcs. you will need) 
  • 3 Tbs Soy Sauce **
  • 3 Tbs Vinegar/ Lemon Juice **
  • 3 Tsp Sugar
  • 1/2 Tsp Ginisa mix or 2 Tsp Rock Salt
  • Bamboo Skewer***
  • Annatto Seeds/oil *
  • 2-3 pcs garlic clove- bruised/crushed

PROCEDURE:
  •  Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
  •  Marinate in the vinegar/lemon juice, garlic and salt for at least half an hour or overnight. 
  •       (if you've got plenty of time)
  • Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Cook over indirect heat for 20 minutes, basting with the achuete oil.
  • Turn and cook for 10-15 minutes more or until thickest parts of chicken exude clear juices when pierced. 
  • Serve it rice and sawsawan or dipping sauce (vinegar and soy sauce)

TIPS:
* Annatto oil: Add 2 Tbsp of annatto seeds in 1/2 cup hot oil in a pan and wait till it creates little bubbles and take it off     the heat and set aside to cool down and transfer it to a container for use, discard the seeds.
**Btw, I usually make my measurement with the liquid mixture equal all the time.

***Soak bamboo skewer in a cold water so It doesn't burn quickly.

Always put small quantity when seasoning food, always taste your food and base your seasoning to your liking.







  


Thanks, Have a nice day everyone.