Sunday 11 March 2012

Combo (saging)

Just got home from work one day and feeling a little bit peckish. Too early for tea and just needed a bit of something to see me through until supper's ready.
Anyway, this idea came to mind when I saw a ripe plantain waiting for its final judgement..lol
I've not had this (merienda) for a long time, well I can't find a recipe to start with but I made up my mind that I'm going to improvise a recipe for myself and hopefully be able to share it with you too if the experiment is a success :)


You will need:

2 Pcs Banana (I use Plantain)
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1/2 Tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 Cup water
1/2 Cup Flour
Oil for deep frying
Sugar

Procedure:

Cut and slice banana into thin slices, coat them with flour.
In a bowl, Sift self raising flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add water and vanilla essence and mix to a smooth batter.
Drop banana pieces into batter and deep fry until golden brown.
Remove from oil and drain excess oil with kitchen towel.
Sprinkle granulated sugar and Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment